Careers at North Bay CPA
We’re always looking for talented individuals to join our close-knit team in downtown Petaluma, CA!
We understand that good hiring decisions are critical to our success as a firm. We take the recruiting process seriously and select only those individuals who are motivated to learn and grow as accounting professionals and who take pride in a job well done.
North Bay CPA (Scott R. Stroud CPA) also recognizes that happy employees are productive employees. Treating our team well is one of our top priorities. It’s the right thing to do, and it makes good business sense! That’s why we strive to create a working environment that is both intellectually stimulating and personally satisfying.
Why Work With Us?
Choose us because your development is enhanced by a broad variety of assignments and personalized attention from North Bay CPA’s managers and principals. In addition, we offer a competitive compensation package (which includes annual performance and salary reviews) and a wide array of other benefits.
North Bay CPA (Scott R. Stroud CPA) is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, physical disability, mental disability, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
To be a strong candidate for an Accounting Internship, you should possess an understanding of accounting and financial principles and a positive attitude. You should be collaborative, trustworthy, receptive to feedback, and eager to learn.
- Shadowing members of the Accounting department as they perform their duties.
- Assisting with research, filing, data entry, and recording and maintaining accurate and complete financial records.
- Preparing financial reports, such as balance sheets and income statements, invoices, and other documents.
- Working with bookkeeping software.
- Handling sensitive or confidential information with honesty and integrity.
- Learning how to work as part of the Accounting team to compile and analyze data, track information, support the company and clients.
- Taking on additional tasks or projects to learn more about accounting and office operations.
- Must be a recent graduate or actively working towards a Bachelor’s or Master’s in Accounting.
- Satisfactory completion of introductory accounting courses and a basic understanding of accounting and financial principles.
- A grade-point average (GPA) of 3.0 or higher.
- Aptitude for math, proficiency with computers.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- High level of efficiency, accuracy, and responsibility.
- Motivation and strong desire to take on new challenges and learn as much as possible.